Of course, your work or ideas may not be boring at all. But if you want to jazz things up a bit, consider this list of “interesting” criteria when writing about your ideas and promoting your work.
A thing or idea is interesting when it:
- Has a distinct point of view. (Especially if it’s controversial.)
- Introduces something new.
- Tells them something they don’t already know.
- Tells them something they might know, but causes them to see it in a new way.
- Displays a sense of humor and whimsy.
Assignment: Keeping this list in mind, write and post on your blog an interesting tiny (125 word) story about your latest project.
For some examples, see this related post, aptly titled: How to be interesting.
For other consequences of being boring, read “You’re Boring,” by Seth Godin.